Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trust Not

Trust Not
I’m sitting by the fire,
Wondering what went wrong.
I said it all,
I broke your trust,
That is what went wrong.

I said the things I shouldn’t say,
Of things you told me not too.
Yet still I said the secret things,
Alas, I am a fool.

I deserve not your trust,
For it seems it cannot be held.
Neither do I deserve your pity,
For such is a pathetic man as I.
For I am the betrayer of the betrayed,
Who has been betrayed and thus betrayed.
And betray,
That I have.

I cannot stop it,
I know not why.
I hate the lies,
But lies are all that happen.
Curse them fiercely,
I curse them innocently,
But that is all I know.
                                                                                      
So trust not the untrustable man,
Trust not the untrustworthy fool.
For that be me,
As I’m sure you know.
You deserve better,
Than such a fool,
As myself be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment