Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Date

The Date

Intro
Written at a time when I felt this was the only solution,
and even though I no longer wanted to carry it out,
I felt I had little choice.
I found a distraction,
I went on a diving trip to Edithburgh instead

To realise as such,
A date has been set.
A date which will be,
When you’ll see your last sunrise.
Taste your last meal,
Hear your last sound,
And take your final breath.
For many it be,
The scene from a nightmare.
A date to dread,
Date to fear,
Above all other dates.
Why then do I dread it,
Yet also plead for such a date?

For upon such a date,
Is the final day of pain,
At least for me that is.
For many it will be day,
That will change them forever.
For the loss of a loved one,
Is most painful enough,
Without the knowledge,
Of such a change,
Be caused by their own hand.

So now I lay here patiently,
Waiting for that date.
Carefully making my plans,
That will cause my untimely demise.
Tying up loose ends,
And saying my goodbyes.
Trying to make up,
For the pain,
That I will one day cause.

But unless I can prevent the date,
Or someone stop me from it.
I feel I no longer hold a choice.,
And it will go ahead.
So whilst I still remain,
Ambivalent to death.
It approaches fast,
With the coming of the date.

So stop me now,
Save me now,
Before this date arrives.
Or put your finest black on,
And wish me off goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment