Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Green Satin

The Green Satin
Sweet green of mine,
How I love you so.
You bring me comfort,
When little else does.
You love unconditionally,
Even though animate be not you.

I rub you through my fingers,
Bringing calm to the powerful storm,
That is the thoughtful mind.
I focus on the sound,
That the rubbing it does make.
I stop what I am doing,
And focus only on the sound.
Moving to a calmer state,
My being, relaxing for a little.

I treasure you,
Like nothing else,
That I have ever owned.
I’d sooner loose all my possessions,
Than loose you my good friend.

I call thee by thy name,
And you always provide.
You follow me everywhere I go,
On holidays and the like.
Stuffed within a pillow,
Ready to comfort me,
When the lights go out at night.

Made with care,
And made with love,
No wonder I am happy,
When I know you are near.

So sweet green satin of mine,
Oh how precious you are to me.
A comforter of sorts,
A satin that is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment