Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Bleeding Heart

The Bleeding Heart

Intro
I wrote this poem shortly after my heart was broken
by my partner for the formal.
I came to the sad realisation that there was nothing there,
even though the flirtatious conversations were present on social networks.
This event sparked many things, and I also allowed it unintentionally to
cause my graduation from one method to another.
The heart break was like no other I had experienced,
perhaps because I put my all into it,
even though I could feel myself slipping.
To those who have experienced a heart break,
I'm sure you can relate.


The blood it flows,
Down my chest,
Along my body,
And onto the floor.
Pooling beneath,
A vivid reminder of the pain.

The cause of such pain,
Is so close.
It be not blade,
It be not gun,
Or any form of weapon,
And yet it is just as potent.
And it does exist.

It is she my heart does bleed for,
Making me feel sick.
Oh how it hurts me,
Everyday.
And wound is never allowed to heal.
For every day I do see her,
Which does add insult to my injury.
It is but me,
A hapless case,
Who does not understand.
But it does not do to meddle,
In affairs of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment