Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Curse of the Do-Gooder

The Curse of the Do-Gooder

Intro
Written at a time when a dear friend was emotionally blackmailing me
into seeking help at a time when I was not ready for it.
In it, there is a rather spiteful element,
hinting at the fact that should she carry out her threats,
that there would be severe repercussions for both parties,
and that I would do everything within my power to return the favour.
It was written at a time when I felt very threatened and scared.
I am rather ashamed at it,
as I am not usually like this.
But it shows what can happen when someone feels they are being
threatened.

The words,
Oh how acute.
They appear harmless in nature,
But bear a double meaning.
Chosen rather purposefully,
To put my mind at ease.
Yet I see that sly trick,
That enable an exception.
This little slight of words,
Makes me worry deep,
And sends me into overdrive.
“Oh I won’t unless...”,
That is what you tell me.
Sounds nice to the dim-witted,
But to me it means not thus.
I look a little closer,
And ponder the age old question.
Unless what?
I do quite wonder,
Much to your words demise.
For such a simple slip,
I no longer trust you anymore.
Think you not that I,
May read between the lines?
For I can see your trickery,
That may one day seek to betray me.

Perhaps you consider me a fish,
Dim-witted and unresponsive?
No, not me, not I.
Surely you could see,
Me hurting quite a lot.
So instead of being helpful,
You lie and hurt me more.
So you tell me you are true to word,
When your heart be not in it.
For your concern,
Coupled with stupidity,
Makes the fool be blind.
But I be not fool nor wiseman,
But fool perhaps you be.
So with your lack of bowels,
You tell me you shall promise,
But your heart you do deceive,
Cos promise you most cannot.
You lie to face and hurt me,
But cut yourself as well.
I hope that cut bear pain,
For mine most certainly will.

For if trust be such a virtue,
Oh how I must bestow.
But whilst I seek to trust,
Many seek to betray.
Yet worse than to betray,
Is to tell oneself thus is ok.
That such an act be of good,
And shall only result in such.
But to you, the fool,
I tell you this,
That those who think in such a way,
Thou be most wrong indeed.
For thou seek to heal when destroy be thy only path.
Thou must cease such thoughts,
For you seek to help,
Yet push away.
And I shall flee,
Faster than any wind seen before.
And my defences that I shall bear,
Be battlements not seen within this land.
And you shall regret,
And worry deeper,
For such is the curse of the do-gooder.

No comments:

Post a Comment