Saturday, July 23, 2011

To Lose a Friend

To Lose a Friend
To lose a friend to the bottle,
It really makes me sad.
To lose a mate to the needle,
It pricks my heart and soul.
To lose a mate to the blues,
I really brings me down.
But to lose my friend because of me,
It causes me a thousand pains.

To cry like a hapless infant,
That is what I do.
The sudden realisation of what I’ve done,
When it’s a too little, and too late,
To repair what I’ve done.
To realise I’m the reason they cry,
Themselves to sleep at night.
How it beats the heart,
Into a pulp,
Until I collapse from heartbreak.

But then I get up,
After the loss,
And look out and see the sun.
Seeing its true beauty,
That not which I have seen for many a month,
If not only for a second,
Before the darkness envelopes me again.

But I’ve seen the sun,
I’ve seen the light,
I realise that there is still a glimmer of hope.
That it is a time for living and not for dying,
And a chance to make things better.
To possibly repair the damage,
That I myself have caused.
To one day smile at my friend again,
And for us to both be happy again.
For neither to be hurting,
As a result of the other.

Yet words mean nothing,
So I shall prove it with my actions.
To be the man I know I am,
And reach out for a helping hand,
That is being gladly given.
I grasp it firmly,
And will try to recover my tattered life.
Pick the pieces up,
And make them fit again.
Put a smile back on my dial,
Cos I have lost a lot,
But I have a lot more to gain,
Than I do to lose now.
Very little now can I lose,
But I refuse to lose that possession.

As for the knowledge,
Of losing my friend,
On account of me.
This tragic thing,
Is one I feel only time will heal.
Yet people are strange creatures,
And will return quickly if advice is heeded.
So perhaps that is my hope,
That one day we may reconcile.
And I shall feel complete again,
To never lose my friend again,
On account of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment