Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Seawolf

The Seawolf
Appearing from the gloom,
Towering from her grave,
The wolf of the sea.
Stuck in her world,
She beckons to me.

Ascending over hull,
Looking at the fish.
Making friends wherever I go,
And saying hello to an old friend.
Nice to see you wolfy.

Time to make a pen,
Grinning at my buddy.
With a grin and ok,
We power up our torches,
The sun, she goes away,
And the beckoning darkness envelopes us.

Moving like a frog,
Down a corridor.
Sunlight up ahead,
Nearly time to leave the dark,
And go back to open water.

I see the dreaded signal,
My buddies giving me.
100 bar,
Our time is up,
It’s time to pay our debt.

She fades from my view,
And I focus on my dive.
Deco stops,
Here and there,
They’re relatively painless.
A few more minutes,
And I leave that world.
Until next time,
When I challenge the deep,
And visit my friend the seawolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment