Saturday, July 23, 2011

Agnes Milowka: In Memoriam

Agnes Milowka: In Memoriam
A pretty face,
A book of knowledge,
A wealth of stories to share.
Too many things to say,
With few too words to use.
Daring to go,
Where men won’t go,
But she would prove it so.

Laying line,
Into cave,
None have seen before.
That was the scene,
Of the young girl,
Who be the Agnes Milowka.

Who through some misadventure,
Tragically lost her life.
In a cave she dearly loved,
A cave that be now her home.

Tank the divers call it,
Massive in its size.
A true wonder of the caving world,
That many travel to dive.

Agnes won’t you come back,
And share a dive with me.
I never got to meet you,
And hear if the tales be true.
To hear your tales of diving,
Or your infectious vibe.
To swim through cave unchartered,
Surveying as we go.

But it be not so,
So I shall think of you.
When someday soon,
I follow your lead,
Into the inky blackness,
With a line upon my hand,
Surveying as I go.

Wherever you be,
I hope that you,
Be resting in your peace.
Laying line,
In newfound caves,
And diving with ol’ Sheck.

Rest In Peace

In Memoriam
Agnes Milowka
23/12/81 - 27/02/11 

No comments:

Post a Comment