Saturday, July 23, 2011

Emma

There is care,
There is compassion,
And then there is Emma.

With her kind demeanour,
Caring hand,
And shoulder to use.
A truer friend could not there be.

A laugh and a smile,
That turns frowns upside down.
And soft words she speaks,
That calms the troubled mind.

Ambition and desire,
She does harbour.
Yet still maintains dignity,
When countless others would fall.

Virtuous and strong,
In face of adversity.
The world is less troubled now,
With such a girl within it.

Oh how lucky,
I must be,
To know a girl like Emma.


I wrote this for a friend who is very dear to my heart for her birthday.
She has hung around when she definitely should not have,
and truth be told, is the nicest person I have ever met.
She has saved my life more than once and will probably do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment