Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Simple, Humble Razor

The Simple, Humble Razor
Shiny, sweet and silver,
Reflector of the light.
Shaver of the man,
Groomer of the woman.
Sharp to the touch,
Yet smoothness it does bring.
The simple, humble razor,
Saviour of the beauty.

Simple little razor,
Tormentor of the sad.
Bringer of brief happiness,
Relief and pure bliss.
But destroyer of the body,
Leaving unsightly scars,
Upon the troubled,
Who do seek,
Comfort in your blade.

You bring forth the torrents of red,
And make a bloody mess.
You ruin lives,
Destroy families,
And you have wrecked my life.

With the beginning of the cut,
The stinging searing pain.
Those of us who use you,
Find such a short a relief.
For then with guilt and sadness,
We cover up our scars.
For such is the ways,
Of those of us who cut.

Yet such a relief,
You do bring,
But you also do the worst.
You help to do the fiercest deed,
And you kill off your clients.

With a swift raise down,
Or a swift raise up,
The vessel of red is split.
Taking a walk down the vessel,
Is much more effective than just crossing it.
The red that travelled down the vessel,
It bubbles fiercely forth.
Slowly the strength of before,
It steadily wanes with time.
The eyes do close,
The angels weep,
And you heart,
It finally stops.
The loss of your blood,
Is the loss of your life,
And the tragedy of those who know you.
For no one can ever recover,
From the final solution it provides.

The razor is simple and beautiful,
And yet it destroys too many.
The right with it,
Its never ending,
And such is the plight of the cutter.

Ending with razor,
Seemingly good,
But horrible as well.
But whether we like it,
We all must face him,
When the grim reaper comes knocking for you.

So farewell razor,
I cast thee off.
For no longer can we be together.
For we are vile and poison together,
And you plan on taking my life.
You’ve taken much of what I once had,
And I despise you for this reason.
And now you want to it all,
And this I will not have.

The razor is a simple thing,
And beautiful in nature.
I love you dear,
And despise you too
And that is all I know.
Memories I have,
Of cuts long gone.
And cuts of future,
I have no doubt.
But for now,
I leave your metal surface,
With no more blood upon you,
That does belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment