Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Lamentation for a Razor (Oh Sweet Razor)

A Lamentation for a Razor (Oh Sweet Razor)
Oh sweet razor of mine,
How I miss you dear.
You helped me through a time,
When few else were really there,
When trust was hard to come by,
And so was love and truth.
You cut me there,
To make me feel,
That everything was fine,
Even when it wasn’t.
Oh sweetest razor of the blades,
Sustenance you were.
To wake in the morning,
And to know that you were there,
Helped make everything ok.
To help me through the day,
We wrote love upon my arms.
Sharpest razor of the blades,
The blood oh how it flows.
It ran all down my arms and legs,
And it made quite a mess.
The stinging and the burning,
Coupled with the bleeding.
It made me feel alive,
When nothing else it would.
Razor blade of mine,
We must remain apart.
Or at least for a little time.
For many they seek to keep us apart,
And I fear for their intentions if we do not.
I fear what you are doing to me,
And what you may in the future.
The love you with make with my body,
It be not exactly pleasant,
And scars it leaves like no other.
I think it be not worth it all,
And so we all are through.
Razor blade of mine,
We will always search,
But such it is and we apart must remain.
So I lament for you,
And your searing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment