Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Weep for Past Love

A Weep for Past Love
I know a friend,
Who’s hurting deep inside.
She thinks we do not see,
But we her friends,
We see it in her eyes.
Weeping over love,
Beautiful but fallen.
But such is life,
Such is love,
And all that we must do.

She cries alone at night too often,
Wondering over what could’ve been.
My sweet friend,
Let it go,
And free yourself,
From the bonds of past.

Do not forget,
What it was,
That drew you to this boy.
For special must he be,
For you to hurt so deeply.
Forget not the times,
Of happiness and fun.
Or the nights so cold,
You had to keep each other warm.
Nor the fights and arguments,
And silly words you said.
Commit it all to memory,
And never let it fade.
But let it not cripple you,
Or stop you living life.
Let not the past play with present,
And block you from the love you seek.
For we can still love the love of past,
And love the love of present.
But present must prevail,
So future can swiftly follow.

So dry your eyes,
Put down the past,
And lock it in your heart.
You need not forget,
But merely accept,
And grow with all that is.
Welcome to the present,
Embrace your wondrous future,
No matter what it holds.

I know my friend,
That today it really hurts.
Tomorrow, it may still hurt,
But one day it will not.
I cannot promise you when,
But it will fade.

Use your friends,
They are your strength,
They are your shoulder to cry on.
Some may disappear,
And some may hang around.
But as for me,
I’ll be here,
And you can use my shoulder or ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment